After dealing with factories for a few years where we faced constant issues with lead times, quality, corner-cutting and a lack of transparency, SupplyCompass have provided a massive breath of fresh air. The platform makes creating products easier than I could have possibly ever imagined a few years ago, and watching it improve as SupplyCompass listens to customer feedback has been incredible.
We started working with The Motus Projects in 2018 when they approached us due to difficulties in managing their previous supply chain and working with former factories. We worked with them to identify new factories that were in line with their vision and sustainability goals and streamlined their processes, including tech pack creation, flat drawings and factory management. SupplyCompass now manages a large component of The Motus Projects’ production for all bespoke products.
Working with us allowed The Motus Projects to not only find a cost-effective way to get production support but also allowed them to access sustainable options that were more affordable than previous conventional products too.
For factories developing The Motus Project range managed by SupplyCompass
- Moved to using organic cotton twill with low impact dyes, without the use of harmful chemicals or fertilisers and where waste-water is properly treated.
- Now works with top-certified factories, including those that are Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) Fairtrade International (FLO Cert), SA 8000:2014, and ISO 9001:2015 certified and carbon neutral under the United Nations Climate Neutral Now programme, One Carbon World, and Carbon Neutral Gold Standard.
- Partner factories also contribute to other environmental projects, including reforestation projects at The Periphery of Sitamata Wildlife Sanctuary, Rajasthan and Sundarbans National Park, West Bengal, both in India.
- Launched an rPET blend product. Instead of using virgin polyester, they instead opted to use a fabric made from recycled plastic bottles.
- For their packaging, their labels and swing tags are made in a Global Recycled Standard certified factory, their brand labels and care labels are made from 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton, and their swing tags are made from organic recycled garment waste.
Manufacturing partner profiles
- Knit factory for The Motus Projects
- Woven Factory for The Motus Projects
- Packaging factory for The Motus Projects
SupplyCompass' push for a sustainable supply chain has enabled us to use fabrics and production methods that we simply didn't know would be obtainable. This has helped us reflect on our impact on the environment and shape the direction we want to move in with our products.
A huge asset has been our account manager Hannah, who has been there since day one of us joining SupplyCompass and has never been more than a quick email or a phone call away. Her advice, transparency and overall assistance have been critical to our process, and we're so grateful for everything she has done for us so far!